Top Accounts report
The Top Accounts report shows which accounts have been the most profitable at your property during a specified time frame. This can help you determine where you should be investing your advertising and marketing money. For example, if pharmaceutical companies are your biggest producers, you might want to advertise in their trade magazines. You can also use this information to cultivate relationships with customers—those box seats at a sporting event or concert can go a long way in growing and maintaining customer loyalty.
A few things to keep in mind:
- You must have R31 installed to access this report.
- The data in the report may be delayed by up to 15 minutes. If the data doesn't match what you'd expect to see, please run the report again in a few minutes.
To run the report
- Click All Tabs (+), and then click Amadeus Reports.
- Under Preview Reports, click Top Accounts Report.
- Complete the report criteria.
Field Description Consumption Start Date
Consumption End Date
Any roomnights or events that are in house during this date range will be included in the report's revenue numbers.
Consumption refers to the actual dates that revenue is generated, regardless of the booking's arrival and departure dates. For example, if a booking is in house December 29 – January 2, and you run the report using a consumption date range of December 1 – December 31, only those guestrooms and/or events on Dec. 29, Dec. 30, and Dec. 31 will be included.
Property Currency If you have cross-property bookings where the primary currency is different at each property, select the currency you want to report on. That currency determines which property's revenue will be included in the account's revenue calculations. Properties Select the properties whose revenue you want to include in the report. Only those properties you have access to are shown. Market Segment Type Select Account, Booking, or Either. Market Segment This list changes depending of what you selected for the Market Segment Type. By default, all segments will be included in the report—you can select only the ones you want to report on. Booking Type This report is usually run for all booking types—including those that have been deleted—but you can select specific booking types to run it against. Booking Status The report includes Definite, Tentative, and Prospect bookings by default; however, you can also include Lost, Cancelled, and/or Turned Down bookings. Revenue ClassificationSelect the revenue categories you want to report on. You'll see blended revenue totals for each category. How is blended revenue calculated?
- When a BEO is marked Done, its actual revenue is used to calculate the blended revenue. Otherwise, its forecast revenue is used.
- When a room block is marked Pickup Complete, its pickup revenue is used to calculated the blended revenue. Otherwise, its blocked revenue is used.
Booking Owner This report is usually run for all Sales Managers, but you can select specific Sales Managers to run it against. Number of Accounts Indicates how many of the top-performing accounts you want to include in the report. The default is 10, which means you'll see the top 10 accounts at your property.
- Click View Report.
The report shows you the top-performing accounts at your property in order of revenue generated—take a look at the Total column to see each account's current worth. A breakdown of this total blended revenue is shown in each of the Revenue Classifications you selected to report on.
Here are a few additional things you can do after you've run the report:
- To export the report data to Excel, PDF, CSV, or another supported file format, use the Export picklist.
- To scroll through a multi-page report, use the First Page , Previous Page , Next Page , and Last Page buttons.
- To change the report zoom, use the Zoom picklist.
- To print the report as a PDF, use the Print button.
- To use the search field, enter the first few characters of the word you want to find (for example, the booking post as) and press Enter or click Find. Click Next to view all instances that match your search criteria.