The Productivity report shows guestroom and event production by Sales Manager and compares it to last year's figures and this year's goals. Here are some things to keep in mind when you're reviewing the report details:
- The report uses the most current event revenue available: forecast revenue before the event is marked done, and actual revenue after it is marked done.
- You must have R31 or higher installed to access this report.
- The data in the report may be delayed by up to 15 minutes. If the data doesn't match what you'd expect to see, please run the report again in a few minutes.
You can run the Productivity report monthly to do the following:
- See changes in guestroom and event revenue due to new definite business, lost/downgraded business, revaluations, and slippage.
- Assess revenue figures against a Sales Manager's goals.
- Compare current figures with Same Time Last Year (STLY) figures.
- Assess the available pipeline based on the number of prospect and tentative bookings.
- This report provides totals - to see a list of the individual bookings, run the Productivity Verification report using the same criteria.
To run the report
- Click All Tabs (+), and then click Amadeus Reports.
- Under Preview Reports, click Productivity Report.
- Complete the report criteria.
|Beginning/Ending Activity Date||Any bookings that were created or modified during the activity date range will be included in the report.|
|Beginning/Ending Consumption Date||Any roomnights or events that are in house during this date range will be included in the report. Consumption date range is typically the first day of this year through the end of booking time.
Consumption refers to the actual dates that revenue is generated, regardless of the booking's arrival and departure dates. For example, if a booking is in house December 29 – January 2, and you run the report using a consumption date range of December 1 – December 31, only those guestrooms and events on Dec. 29, Dec. 30, and Dec. 31 will be included.
Here are a few examples of how you might set the activity and consumption date ranges for the Productivity report:
|Properties||If you sell multiple properties, you can include them in the report. Only those properties you have access to are shown.|
|Revenue Types||Only bookings classified as Banquet are included by default. If needed, select to include bookings classified as Catering and/or In-House.|
|Include||Select the type of information you want to include in the report: Guestroom Revenue, Event Revenue, Goal Comparison, and/or Sales Manager Total.|
|Guestrooms||Select to report on Agreed, Blocked, Forecasted, or Picked Up guestroom values.
If you select Agreed, Blocked, or Forecasted, guestroom information is based on pickup figures when the entire booking is marked pickup complete (not its individual room blocks).
If you select Picked Up, guestroom information is always based on pickup figures whether marked complete or not.
|Revenue Classifications||All revenue classifications are selected by default. If needed, select the corporate revenue classifications you want to display in the report when Show Event Revenue Detail is selected. Custom revenue classifications (for example, Golf and Spa) are combined into the "Additional" classification.|
|Users||Booking changes made by these users during the activity date range will be included in the report.|
|User Role||Activity from users in this booking role will be included in the report: Booked By (default), Catering Manager, or Service Manager.|
|Show Event Revenue Detail||When you select Yes, the event revenue for each month in the consumption date range will be broken down into individual parent revenue classifications (Food, Beverage, Resource, Audio Visual, Administrative Charge, Other, Function Room Rental, and Additional).|
|Booking Market Segments, Booking Types||By default, all are included.|
|Goal Classification||Select one or more goal classifications (for example, 2020 Food & Beverage Goal or 2020 Rooms Goal). A goal comparison will be displayed at the end of the report for each goal classification you select.|
- Click View Report.
The following information is displayed for each selected property, year, and Sales Manager, grouped into the following time periods:
- Report Activity - totals for the activity date range you entered in the criteria.
- Same Time Last Year - totals for the same consumption date range and activity date range the previous year.
- Year To Date - totals for the specified consumption date range, using an activity date range from the start of this year to the end activity date specified in the criteria.
|New Definite||Guestrooms, guestroom revenue, and event revenue that turned definite during the activity date range.|
|Lost/Downgrade||The decrease in definite guestrooms, guestroom revenue, and event revenue from bookings whose status changed to Lost, Cancelled, or Turned Down during the activity date range.|
|Reval||An increase or decrease in definite guestrooms, guestroom revenue, or event revenue during the activity date range. For example, a welcome dinner is added to a definite booking, resulting in a positive reval. Or, the expected attendance for an event drops by 10%, resulting in a negative reval.|
|Slippage||For bookings that remained definite and were marked pickup complete during the activity period. Slippage applies to guestrooms and guestroom revenue only. The following calculations use agreed, blocked, or forecasted numbers based on your Guestrooms report criteria:
(Final picked up guestrooms) - (Beginning agreed, blocked, forecasted, or picked up guestrooms)
(Final picked up guestroom revenue) - (Beginning agreed, blocked, forecasted, or picked up guestroom revenue)
|Net Definite||The final change in guestrooms, guestroom revenue, and event revenue during the activity date range. Slippage is only included for guestrooms and guestroom revenue.
(New Definite) - (Lost/Downgrade) +/- (Reval) +/- Slippage
|On the Books|
|Prospect||Total prospect guestrooms, guestroom revenue, and event revenue on the books at the end of the activity date range.|
|Tentative||Total tentative guestrooms, guestroom revenue, and event revenue on the books at the end of the activity date range.|
Compares guestroom and event production to the Sales Manager's goals. This data is only available if you selected at least one goal classification in the report criteria. Each user goal is listed separately under its associated classification, along with its start and end dates and the types of revenue it applies to.
|Goal||Total goal amount. For each sales goal:
User goals are specified using the Sales Goals related list on the Property page.
|Net Definite||(New Definites) - (Lost/Downgrade) +/- (Reval) +/- (Slippage)|
|Variance to Goal||Net Definite - Budget Amount|
|% Variance to Goal||Budget / Net Definite|
Here are a few additional things you can do after you've run the report:
- To export the report data to Excel, PDF, CSV, or another supported file format, use the Export picklist.
- To scroll through a multi-page report, use the First Page , Previous Page , Next Page , and Last Page buttons.
- To change the report zoom, use the Zoom picklist.
- To print the report as a PDF, use the Print button.
- To use the search field, enter the first few characters of the word you want to find (for example, the booking post as) and press Enter or click Find. Click Next to view all instances that match your search criteria.